Where do I fall on the wellness spectrum? What kind of retreat is right for me?
Hammock on a beach or 5 day underground trek? Hot springs or tai chi teacher training? Yoga and surf retreat or staycation with all the conveniences of home?
4 simple questions will help you discover the path most likely to lift you up and help you create a luminary life.
Recreational Wellness Retreats
One’s thing’s for sure, based on your answers, you need some time to unwind and relax, ideally in a natural environment. But it’s not limited to hiking. You can try a new sport – something you’ve never done like snowboarding, rock climbing, surfing or martial arts (yes, just for fun!). :snowboarder: But recreation isn’t just about physical activity…
When it comes to recreational wellness, there are a lot of options, but which is right for you?
- Maybe you’re super clear about it and know that since you were a kid you’ve always wanted to skydive and that now, finally, it’s time.
- Maybe for you, it’s more about visiting a national park or a beautiful beach followed by sipping wine with your special someone at night.
- Maybe it’s more like finding a personal trainer, coach, or a group of peers to hold you accountable in your day to day life to help you keep your promise to yourself of having a balanced life.
Whichever it is, it is time to give yourself that gift! A gift well deserved based on time spent serving and being dutiful to the people around you.
Now you might be telling yourself something like, ‘nah… I can’t just go off and do something for fun for myself… I should take the family with me. Or invite my friends…’ And it’s true, being with those you love while doing something fun and new could be the right choice.
But let’s really give it some thought. Ask yourself – Would it better serve them if I took time for myself to rest, restore and rejuvenate? Or is time spent away but together what I need? Only you can answer that. The people around you who love you will support you either way.
So close your eyes for a minute, and allow yourself to dream… What have you always wanted to do for yourself? What does the perfect time away look like for you? What is the perfect new activity to integrate into your life? When you’re done dreaming, have a browse through our listing of Recreational Wellness Retreats and see if we have something that suits you. Then go for it :grinning:
Experiential Wellness Retreat
We can see your future… There is some deeply relaxing self-care in it! :gift_heart: Maybe a deep and therapeutic (and let’s not forget pampering) retreat? Perhaps something a bit more active like a hot-springs mud bath experience with free morning smoothies, yoga and massage…
Based on the answers you gave, we don’t think you’re in need of a deeply transformational experience right now, but simple recreation isn’t what will serve you either. :mountain_bicyclist: You need something in between – where you give yourself some love but also challenge yourself a bit to move your body and/or learn something new.
In the experiential spectrum of wellness, you’ll find retreats such as:
- all-inclusive resorts where you get spa treatments and yoga classes at no extra charge
- mild detox retreats with highly engaging hands-on healthy food prep classes
- overnight treks into the wilderness, up to mountain villages or through caves
- beginner-friendly and intermediate yoga and meditation retreats
- the perfect staycation retreat – where you get all the benefits of travel, without having to wait in a single passport control line or suffer from jetlag.
So what are you waiting for? Browse our Experiential Wellness Retreats, and let’s get you booked!
Transformational Wellness Retreat
If the answers you gave brought you here, you might consider a one hundred percent deep dive into YOU.
Many people say that taking a leap like this can feel like swinging out over an abyss without a safety net. It’s exhilarating and yet true transformation can be terrifying to those parts of us that want to stay comfortable in the familiar.
Whatever it is that is calling out for love and change inside of you, it’s time to give it your attention.
But do you know what those voices are saying? Maybe it’s not clear yet. Or perhaps you’ve been hearing this voice clearly for ages, and you know exactly what it is you want to change and the direction in which you want to grow and evolve.
Either way, it’s time to press the launch button on that flight into the unknown. :rocket:
Maybe you need
- a two-week stay at a naturopathic or oriental medicine facility to help you with a chronic illness
- a deep dive into upgrading your knowledge about how food is also your medicine
- a self-inquiry retreat – where you come to understand yourself and gain back a feeling of purpose in your life
- to take your relationship to the next level and find ways to share wellbeing and consciousness in addition to love
When something inside of you wants attention… There’s only so far you can run before it becomes extremely hard to ignore. Before it starts manifesting symptoms in your mind and body.
Taking this kind of leap is never easy. But it’s also something you never hear people on their deathbed say they regretted doing. The things people regret when they’re dying? Not spending enough time with loved ones. Not following their dreams. Not being bold and facing the unknown with courage and self-determination. Not being FULLY who they are.
So when you think about deep transformation, what is the voice inside of you is saying? It may be that you’re not clear yet. It may simply be that you’re looking for a change and you’re not at all sure why yet. After all, you don’t know what you don’t know…
Please look through our list of Transformational Wellness Retreats. And when you find one that’s calling to you, even if you’re not sure why… don’t hesitate to follow your inner voice.
Immersive Wellness Retreat
Maybe you’ve decided to take up kickboxing or aerial yoga as a new career or passion. Perhaps for you, it’s more about becoming a mindfulness meditation facilitator or a life coach. The answers you gave us indicate you might be ready to learn a new skill or take what you know to the next level.
What we call Immersive Wellness Retreats are where you go ALL IN to develop and grow your mind, body, and spirit.
- explore practices to integrate into your daily life
- decide to look at your business or career from a holistic and inclusive perspective
- learn how to build cob houses and create permaculture farms powered by solar panels
- complete a teacher training or certification – either because you want to be a teacher or simply because you want a deep and immersive experience
An immersive experience could be a weekend or last for months. It could be from the comfort of your own home, in your home town or somewhere you travel to. The differentiating factor is that you’re there to expand your horizons, learn a new skill or philosophy or become certified in something you care about.
:rose: Is it time to grow?
:hatching_chick: To find more authenticity and move into a new career?
:peace_symbol: Do you want to become a teacher or holistic practitioner?
Let’s get this party started! Browse our listings now, and get going.
What does self-care look like in your life?
Do you have any chronic health (physical or mental) challenges?
What is the number one area of your life where you feel something is missing?
Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and sit silently for 30 seconds.
Ask yourself this question: ‘What kind of experience is my soul craving right now?’ Let your mind wander until you get an idea or image in your mind. Allow your mind to wander until you get a sense of the answer even if it is not 100% clear.
You’ll likely get two kinds of answers:
The first will be authentic from your spirit’s voice within. The second will be your mind telling you what you should or shouldn’t do. Find an answer below that is closest to your first answer: